About UCF Safe Zone Series
Safe Zone Vision and Mission
Our Vision: To reduce heterosexism, homophobia, and transphobia at UCF and to increase LGBTQ+ inclusion by embracing and valuing people of all sexual and gender identities.
Our Mission: To create and maintain a LGBTQ+ affirming environment and culture at UCF.
The Safe Zone program addresses its mission by:
- Conducting frequent educational trainings on LGBTQ+ issues for students, staff and faculty in order to raise awareness and educate the UCF community about LGLBTQ+ identities and culture.
- Promoting and maintaining positive visibility of LGBTQ+ affirming people by issuing an official UCF Safe Zone Advocate placard; these placards will indicate to the campus community that issues of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression can be discussed openly and without fear of discrimination.
- Serving as a liaison and connecting resource to the UCF community by providing resources and information through the Safe Zone website and Facebook.
- Supporting the missions of other UCF LGBTQ+ offices, organizations, and initiatives on campus.
- Fostering an affirming environment that ensures the opportunity for all members of the UCF community to live safe and open lives.
- Examining and changing UCF policies so that the university becomes more inclusive of LGBTQ+ students, staff, and faculty.